Multi-Hit capable, the AR500 Armor test plate has over 100 rounds from various calibers.
Utilize the full potential of your carrier by using our AR500 Armor side plates. These side armor plates are 6" x 8" and will fit most standard plate carriers. These provide good coverage while retaining mobility.
Level III Rating: AR500 Armor® body armor is Stand-Alone and Multi-hit capable. Designed to defeat rifle threats up to 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball (.308 Winchester) at velocities up to 2,780 feet per second and all pistol calibers.
Line-X Protective Base Coat: All AR500 Armor Body Armor now ships with a Line-X Protective Base Coat which provides a level of spall and fragmentation mitigation properties and superior chemical, wear, water, and harsh condition resistance. Also features a hand applied high traction surface helping the plate stay in position. The new Base Coat truly takes our armor to the next level! Our AR500 Armor Body Armor and Trauma Plates are stand alone, multi-hit capable, and bench tested to the same armor rating as Type III. Type III Armor will defeat rifles rounds up to 7.62x51/.308 @ 2780 ft/s. Our standard AR500 Armor Side Trauma Plates are 6" x 8" and will fit into most common side carrier pockets. All edges are Hand Beveled to prevent accelerated wear of the carrier pocket.
Weight: Each plate weighs in at only 2.5lbs Our AR500 Armor plates do not have a limited shelf life. No special handling is required outside of common sense, our armor is built to last
Finish: We take extra care in not affecting the final heat treatment of our ballistic plate. Because of this we coat in a "cold" method, and avoid the common practice of powder coating which many other manufacturers do. We feel there is no need to expose the AR500 to extra heat for any reason, helping eliminate one extra variable to ensure our Armors durability.Each plate is coated with industrial grade enamel offering protection again UV, rust, chemicals and general wear. The coating is functional and effective.
AR500 Armor® 6” x 8” Side Plate Body Armor Features:
- 6” x 8” Side Plate Body Armor fits in side plate pouches capable of accepting 6” x 6”, 6” x 8”, and 8” x 8” side armor plates
- Ultra-Slim .25” and light weight profile
- Improvement ergonomics and less interference
- Compatible with inside, and outside of the cummerbund side plate pouches
- Outlasts Ceramic, Dyneema, and UHMWPE constructed body armor
- Rugged, Reliable, and Stress Fracture Resistant
- Multi-Hit capable and Stand-Alone
- Level III Rifle threat rated for calibers up to 7.62x51 (.308 Winchester) at 2,780fps
- PAXCON (Line-X) Military grade anti-spall & fragmentation protective coating
- Fully sealed design protects from Liquids, Chemicals, and Harsh Elements
- Certification, Independent, and In-House Ballistic Resistant Testing & Quality Control
- Maintenance Free
- .25” Ultra Low Profile
- Weight 2.5lb’s
- 100% Made in the USA